Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 4

Sunday was really tough but we got there.

After a midnight Saturday night departure from the Maldives we landed in Hong Kong around 1pm a little weary. Two 4'ish hour flights and little sleep was a bit of a shock to the mind and body after our 8-10 hour snooze sessions on holidays. But we had a plan.

After unpacking the suitcase we headed out to stock up on fruit and veg and returned home to fill the fridge with healthy options. The footy was on, I was a little sore from the previous lunge and squat sessions, and we didn't have a skipping rope yet (we had been using the rope at the Maldives gym), it was very tempting to say "it's just one day off". 

But I read Michael's blog (thanks Michael) about skipping without a rope and the image of him jumping without a  rope as his wife giggled at him made me realise we really had no excuse. So we did our workout jumping imaginary ropes together trying not to laugh and I suffered my way through the squats (Clive was fine) then headed for the pool for a little dip before dinner.

Breaky was yum today, avocado and egg on a piece of toast and I feel good today. I think pushing through the muscle aches has sent them packing, we are going to buy a rope at lunch time and I'm looking forward to a workout tonight. Just a pity I'm back at work today with shoes on again, I'd rather be snorkeling with Clive.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Tracey. I read your post to my wife this morning and she said she was sorry for her reaction but was really proud of how my blog post helped push you through. I'm thinking I'll need that soon, as well. Check out todays post. Boy, jumping with a real rope is a lot trickier, but more fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the imaginary rope! No trips!

    It's a very good sign that you all landed and hit the grocery store. This kind of approach will get you far in PCP land! Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete