Clive and Tracey’s Chicken Stuffed Capsicums
This recipe is great for using up any leftovers you may have e.g. rice or vegies previously cooked. Rice can be replaced for cannellini beans and spices and herbs changed depending on taste. You can pretty much stuff them with anything but this time we picked the following (adjust in quantities to equal your meal allowance of Carb, Veg & Protein). We made four so we could take two to work for lunch.
4 x Capsicums (any colour)
1 x Onion diced
4-5 x Garlic cloves crushed
20 x Pitted Olives chopped in half
1 cup x Tomato passata salt free
4 x Slow Roasted Tomatoes (Gwyn’s secret recipe see below)
Parsley chopped (a handful)
2 x Chicken breasts steamed and shredded with forks
Paprika to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
Rice – cooked one tablespoon per pepper
100g Fetta
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Cook Chicken breasts and shred with forks. Cook rice and chop ingredients. Cut the top off each capsicum (like a lid) and drop into boiling water for 2 minutes, then drop into cold water to cool, turn them upside down onto kitchen paper to drain.
Heat olive oil in pan and add onion to sauté, when soft add garlic paprika and cayenne pepper stirring through. Add chicken, olives, passata, tomatoes, parsley and rice, stir to warm through and combine but don’t overcook.
Stuff peppers with mixture, layering a tablespoon at a time and topping each one with a feta slice.When they are full put the lids on and bake for 40 mins.
- Vine-ripened tomatoes
- Olive oil
Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally, rub with a tiny bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt, and bake, seed side up, in a 150°C oven for 3–5 hours, or until they look nearly sun dried (the edges will be caramelized and the moisture will be almost entirely evaporated). These keep, well refrigerated in an airtight container with a bit of olive oil, for at least a week, so make a whole bunch at once.
Enjoy, and please share some recipes with us, Trace.


Who's Clive?
ReplyDeleteDon't tell me hubbilicious has a name
Oops sorry, wrong Tracey, ignore me
ReplyDeleteHi Tracey - Tracey here!! I think Pete thought this was my blog as I am always referencing Hubbilicious rather than using my husbands name.
ReplyDeletePete - Hubbilicious' name is Ashley. I call him Hubbilicious, the Ashman, Sexy Pants - lots of names really.
Sorry for hijacking your comments Tracey - back to regular programming. :-)
I love the recipe though. Thank you for posting it. I have copied it and will give it a go next week as they would make awesome lunches as you say. I adore capsicums.
Tried the recipe today and it was good! Had to modify the ingredients a little bit for PCP compliance, but I definitely enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Yeecheng, yes it is good and easily modified. I'm happy you liked it.
ReplyDelete